My Best decision episode 5(second to last)

My Best decision 

My Best decision 
Episode 5(Second to last)
Some marriages can't be save, no matter how hard you try. I was surprised, "Liam! Who.... How did you get my contact?", I asked, "Isabel gave it to me, I wanted to thank you for attending my party", he said, I chuckled, "Alright, Am driving now when I get home I will call you back", I said, and ended the call. "Liam, am so happy for you, you have achieved alot", I said to myself as I smile. 

When I got home, Lawrence had already prepared dinner. "Come, and eat honey, I prepared dinner", he said. I was so famished, so, I couldn't say no, I took my handbag upstairs, then I arrived downstairs to eat. I still didn't tell him Jenny came to my office. We began to eat, when he said to me, "Honey, my Office is organizing a dinner party, so, I want you to go with me", he said, but I didn't say anything to him. "Please honey, this is important to me", he said, "Okay, When? ", I asked, "This weekend", he said, and I let out a smile. We were still eating when my phone began to ring, I checked, and saw it was Liam. "Sorry I didn't call you back", I said as I picked his call, "It's alright, how are you, and Lawrence doing?", he asked, "We are good, how is your family?", he asked again, "We are good", I said. When we were done talking, he ended the call. 


That night, when we got to bed, Lawrence tried to make love to me, but I stopped, not because I wasn't in the mood, but it's been long he tried making love to me, so why is he trying to do it now that our marriage is getting sour. 

Two days later, on my way from work, I decided to eat at a restaurant, am not used to it, but I just have to. I entered inside the restaurant, order for my meal, and was waiting to be served when I saw Liam. He quickly rushed to my table, "Olivia, how are you?", he asked, "Am fine", I replied, "Where is Lawrence?", Liam asked, "Lawrence is fine", I said as I smiled, "So, where is he?", Liam asked again. "Can't you just stop asking", I muttered to myself. "Am here alone, you can sit", I said to Liam, "Fine", he said as he sat down, and made order. Our meal arrived, and we started eating. "Why are you eating out?" he said to me, "Nothing", I replied, "Okay", he said. Liam took a deep sigh as he stared at me. "Is everything alright?", he asked, "Yes, sure, everything is fine", I said to him. I didn't want to tell him anything about my marriage because I didn't want him to know I don't have a happy marriage. "Come on Olivia, Isabel told me everything", he said, I was shocked, so, I dropped my spoon. "Forget about the things she said to you, I, and Lawrence are fine, my marriage is beautiful", I said, thinking Isabel told him about my marriage. Liam was surprised when I made mention of my marriage, "That wasn't what she told me, she said you both had an argument, but is something wrong with your marriage?", he asked me, I let out a gentle smile, "Am a counselor remember, so nothing can be wrong in my marriage", I lied, Liam chuckled, he wasn't convinced that all was well with me. "Olivia, You can tell me anything", he said, I was silent for a few minutes, then I took a deep sigh, "It's Lawrence, my marriage isn't working anymore, no matter how hard I tried to make it work, it doesn't, our love is slowly fading away", I said as tears fell off my eyes, "Sorry, so all this while you have been in pain", he said to me, "Yes, Lawrence is cheating on me, and our marriage", I said, "Here I am praying for God to give me a woman that will love like you, and another man is busy messing around", he said, "Wait, You aren't married?", I asked, "No, Do I look like a married man to you, if I was married, I will be home eating the food prepared by my wife", he said, "But Isabel told me you were married, and the lady I saw at your party", I said, "Am not, still praying for God for a wife, at least now I have a stable income", he said, "That's good," I said, "So what will you do about Lawrence?", he asked, "I just have to leave with the fact that my husband is a cheat, even though the love is not there because we are no longer intimate", I said, "Are you sure?", he asked, "Yes, how do you think people will feel when they find out am a divorcee, it's bad for my name", I said, "Okay", he said, "Yes" I said as I checked my wrist watch, and saw it was already 9:20pm. "We've been talking for long, I have to go now," I said as I called the waitress to bring the bill, "Don't worry, I will clear the bill, you just go home", he said, "Thank you, Liam, see you some other time", I said and left.

When I got home, I saw Lawrence looking angry. "Where are you coming from, I went to your office, but the place was locked", he said, I ignored him, and sat down on the cushion. "Am talking to you Olivia, Are you now sleeping around with other men because you no longer let me make love to you", he asked, but I still didn't say a word to him. He became angry, "So because I cheated, you can't forgive me" he said, I just ignored him, and went upstairs, I wasn't ready to exchange words with him.

Weekend finally came, I dressed, and went to the dinner party with Lawrence. When we got to the party, Lawrence acted like a responsible husband. "Your wife look beautiful", one of the guest complimented, Lawrence smiled, "Thank you", he said, and we left, and went to take our sit. Immediately we sat down, one of Lawrence colleagues, and his Fiancée came to meet us. "Mrs. Lawrence, you look beautiful", his colleague said to me, and I smiled at him, "Baby, this is my colleague Lawrence, and his beautiful wife, I so much envy them, and I want us to be like them when we finally get married", his colleague said to his fiancée who only smiled at us. "If only this guy knew the bitterness in this marriage ", I said to myself. We were still talking when I sighted Jenny as she walked into the hall. "What is she doing here, I don't want to believe Lawrence invited her here", I thought to myself. Immediately, Lawrence sighted her, I could see the disappointment in his face the moment he saw her. The next I saw was Jenny walking out, and few minutes after she walked out, Lawrence went after her. "I will be right back", he said, and went out. I was just sitting, and sulking. A few minutes after they both went out, I stood up, and went outside. When I got outside, I saw Lawrence standing with Jenny, and I became furious, "I can't take this anymore", I said, as I walked towards our car. Immediately Lawrence saw me heading towards the car, he quickly left her, and ran after me. "Honey", he called out, but I ignored him, and went to the car. "Take me home now", I said, he tried to calm me down, but I insisted, so, he opened the car, we went in, and he drove home. 

When we got home, he began to apologize, "Am sorry, it's not what you think", he said, I chuckled, "It's not what I think, first she showed up at my office, now at the same dinner party, we went to, you even left me, and went to talk to her, and now you stand here, and tell me it's not what I think?", I said, and went upstairs crying.

Decision is the act of making up your mind about something after much consideration. That night, I finally made up my mind to leave our marriage. "Isabel was right, I have to file for divorce, I don't care anymore", I said to myself. I was still crying when my phone began to ring, I checked, and saw it was Liam. My pain was eased when I saw he was the one calling, but I refused answering. 

The next day, I contacted a lawyer to work on the divorce process, "It will be ready on Monday by 2pm", the lawyer said to me. I tried calling Isabel to inform her about my decision to file for a divorce, but she refused answering my call, I didn't want to text her, I wanted to talk to her in person. 

Monday finally arrived, I went to my office. When it was 2pm, my heart began to beat, "Hope am doing the right thing by filing for divorce", I said to myself. It took me 20minute to finally make up my mind, then I left office, and went to meet the lawyer.
 When I arrived, that the lawyer's office, we talked a little, then she handed me a brown envelope, here are the divorce papers, get your husband to sign it, and you will be free", She said to me, I thanked her and left. 

When it was 4pm, I quickly left work, and went home. I prepared a delicious dinner, I decorated the table, took my bath, and went to wait for Lawrence at the dinning. At that moment, I wasn't scared anymore, I wasn't scared of being single again, I wasn't scared of what people would say to me, or my career, all that matters to me was my peace of mind and happiness. "At least, I don't have a child with him, so, it will be easier to cut all ties with him", I said to myself. 

At 6pm, Lawrence arrived home, he was surprised that I was already home, and the dinning was set. I welcomed him, help removed his coat, and told him to go take a shower, then come down for us to have dinner. He was surprised, "Honey, am sorry", he said to me, "It's okay, go take a bath", I said to him. 

Few minutes later, he arrived back, I served him, and we started eating. "Honey, Am sorry", he apologized again, "Eat your meal, you don't want to get choked", I said, and we continued eating. When I saw how carried away he was with the meal, I smiled, and said, "Lawrence, this is probably the last meal be will eat together as husband, and wife", I said, and he paused, dropped his spoon, and began to stare at me, "How do you mean?", he asked, I chuckled, brought out an envelope, and gave it to him, "What is this?", he asked as the opened the envelope, and glanced through it. "What! A divorce?", he screamed out............. 

   Written by Esther alex 
Note: A New story will be out on sale soon, get ready!!!

See you all tomorrow at 6pm😘
Stay tuned to see how it turns out to be the best decision I have ever made. 

If you are just joining us, to see previous episodes kindly like and follow the facebook page below @Esther alex, and on facebook @Eneada Esther Ogaba. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Story time : The cost episode 3

Story time : In a short time episode 1