Short Story: The engagement episode 1

The engagement 

A short but lengthy Story 
The Engagement 
An engagement is a mutual promise to marry. Been engaged is one of the most beautiful thing every woman dream of, but in the case of Suzie, it was something different until it finally came to pass. Suzie is very sophisticated young lady, she so beautiful, and she got the height. Suzie works at the airport as a flight attendant. She has a very cute boyfriend whose name is Hudson whom she has been dating for three years, they so much love each other, that even her boss knows him. Suzie has also seen her future with him. Suzie loves Hudson, and always pray to God to make him engage her with a ring, but it wasn't forth coming.  Almost all of Suzie's best friends were already getting married, even those that only dated their boyfriend for only two years, and she always buys their asoebi wears. At first, she wasn't bothered not until Lola her friend whom she haven't communicated with for a while called her that afternoon, "Hello Suzie," Lola greeted, "Hey Lola, it's been awhile, how are you doing?", Suzie asked, "Hmm, I have been busy, and it's seems I will be busier, and will be needing your help", Lola said, Suzie chuckled, "How do you mean?", Suzie asked, "Friend, am engaged to be married, Frank just proposed to me", Lola screamed out, "Oh, really, that's good news", Suzie said, "Yeah, that's why I want you to be my maid of honor," Lola said, "Me, No, I mean I will be busy, you know my kind of job", Suzie replied, "Please Suzie", Lola pleaded, "I would have love to, but you see, my job won't let me go shopping with you for the wedding dress", she replied, " But you can still send me the amount for the asoebi wears, I will buy that", she said, "Alright," Lola replied, and they ended the call. 

When Suzie ended the guy, she was still in shock, "Lola, engaged to be married, God please, touch Hudson", Suzie thought to herself. That evening, after work hour, Suzie went to meet Hudson, "Hey babes", Suzie said, as she kissed Hudson, "Fine, how are you?", Hudson asked, "Am fine," she replied, "Okay, our anniversary will be next week, hope you will be around?", he asked. "Anniversary, this one he said it himself, it might be a special one", she said to herself. "Yes, we will be four years next week, wow, we have come a long way", she said, trying to tell him it's time for marriage. "Yes, four years, hope you won't be busy? " He asked, "I will be busy, we can always celebrate it some other time", she said, because she knew he wasn't going to engage her, so, she felt there was no use in celebrating it. "Oops, I was thinking you will be around because I have a surprise for you", he said, when Suzie heard the word surprise, she couldn't risk it, "It's might be an engagement party", she thought to herself, "Don't worry babes, I will make out time like I have always done, she said. 

The next day, since it was her off day at work, she was at home when her friend came to visit her, "Suzie girl," Anna said, "Anna, how are you?", Suzie asked, "Am good", Anna replied as she flaunt her engagement ring for Suzie to see it, "Girl, why are you flaunt your", Suzie was still talking when her eyes caught a glimpse of the ring in Anna's finger, "Oh! Gosh, Are you, don't tell me you just get engaged to be married soon", Suzie said, Anna let out a laugh, "Yes I am", Anna replied, "Girl am so happy for you", Suzie said feeling sad deep down, "Thank you, my asoebi wears will be out soon, I will mail you the price", Anna said, looking at Suzie who looked sad. "Come-on Suzie, am sure Hudson is going to engage you soon", Anna said, "We will be 4years next week, I just pray he gets me engaged because he sounds happy for our fourth coming anniversary", Suzie said, "Don't worry, it will happen soon", Anna said to console her friend. 

One week later, Suzie's four years anniversary with Hudson finally came. Although she was very busy at the airport, but she was able to make out little time for the anniversary. That evening, Hudson drove her down to a restaurant, the place was so beautiful. "Happy anniversary to us", Hudson said as they sat down, "Thanks love", she replied. They both placed their orders, soon they were served, and started eating. They were eating, while Suzie was busy expecting an engagement ring from Hudson. They were done eating, and started talking, while Suzie was still expecting a ring, "Calm down Suzie, he is going to propose soon", she thought to herself. When they were done talking, Hudson held Suzie's hand, and her heart skipped, and dance in joy, "I think he wants to propose now", she thought to herself. "Baby", Hudson called out, and her heart began to beat faster, "Yes love", she replied, "Can you spend the night with me at my house, I want to give you a surprise", he said. When she heard what he said, she became angry, that a lot of things ran through her mind, "So this is what he was to ask, and he held my hand", she thought to herself as she retrive her hand back, "Calm down, what if he wants to propose to you at his house", she finally said to herself as she let out a smile. "Alright", she replied, "Thanks love", he said, and they left.

Soon they arrived at Hudson's house, and he took her straight to the bedroom. "So, where is the surprise, don't tell me you brought me to your house to spend the night just for us to make out", Suzie said, and Hudson was shocked, "Calm down, why are you angry", he said, as he brought out a little blue box, and when she saw it, she became excited. Hudson opened the box, and brought out a ring, "Baby, we are four years today, we have come a long way together, and am so happy to have you at my side, so, this is a promise ring from me to you, in the next six months, I will give you a real ring" he said as he slipped the ring into her finger. Suzie was happy at least Hudson has assured her, he was going to engage her to be married in the next six months. 

Seven months later, Suzie still has the promise ring on her finger. "Suzie, when is Hudson going to remove that promise ring on your finger, it's been seven months already", Beatrice said to her, "My 30th birthday is next month, so I think he wants to engage me publicly on my birthday", Suzie replied, "That's good because you have been dating that guy for too long", Beatrice said, "Yes I know", Suzie replied. 

That evening, Suzie, and Hudson met up. They talked about other things, and work until Suzie brought up her birthday, "Baby, I will be 30th next month, and I want to throw a birthday party, hope I will see you around", she said, "Wow, my baby will be 30th next month, that's good", he replied, "Yes," she said, "Don't worry, I will prepare a special surprise for you", he said, and she became happy. 

One month later, the long anticipated day for Suzie came, it was Suzie's birthday, she was so happy thinking Hudson was going to engage her since it was already the eight months since he gave her the promise ring. Suzie threw a party at her house, a lot of Suzie's friends were invited. The birthday party started, and a lot of people were sending in their gifts. Hudson saw it was the perfect time for him to present his gift to his girlfriend. He collected the microphone and made an open announcement to all the people, "My love, I want to present this surprise gift to you", he said as he walked closer to Suzie, and everyone paid attention, including Suzie. "Here is a three days trip to Fairyland, I requested for a leave of absence from your boss", he said, and everyone clapped. Suzie stood in shocked, not knowing what to do or say, "A trip, I thought it was a ring", she said to herself as she smiled faintly. "I thought, he was going to give her a ring", a lady standing behind Suzie whispered. 

Suzie's mood changed completely, she just wished the party would end at that moment, but it didn't. She started giving herself another hope, "Maybe he wants to propose at Fairyland", she thought to herself. 

Two hours later, the party came to an end, she went home with Hudson. That night they made love, and when they were done, they both slept off. 

The next day, they left for Fairyland, when they arrived, they checked in a hotel. Later that evening, they both went out, Suzie was still expecting a surprise engagement ring, but it wasn't forth coming, so she became angry, "Baby, am tired, I have to go sleep", she said, "But we just came out", Hudson said, "Yes, I know but am tired already," she replied, "Are you alright, because since yesterday you have been acting moody", he said, "Am fine, let's just go", she said, and they left. 

Few minutes later, they arrived back at the hotel room, Suzie took her bath, and lay down on the bed to sleep. She was already regretting her coming to the Fairland when she felt someone touching her body, "Am tired", she said, "Baby, stop it, we came here to enjoy ourselves", he said, and that statement provoked Suzie when she heard it, "So, you brought me here, so we can have sex, Uhn, what are we now, fuck mate?", she shouted, "Baby calm down", Hudson said, "First, you gave this fake promise ring, secondly, you took permission from my boss without my knowledge, I didn't talk, now you brought me here, so we can have rounds of sex?" she said, "No baby, I will surely marry you", he said, "It been eight month already, and you promised me six months, all my friends are getting married, even those that meet their boyfriend last year, while am still here wearing a promise ring ", she said, "Soon, we will get married", he replied, "Am Thirty already", she said as tears dropped from her eyes, "Am still trying to see if we are compatible", he said as he tired to hold her hands, "Compatible, that's good, but take your promise ring, when you are done finding, you can come back that's if am still available", she said, removed the ring, and gave it to him, "Are you breaking up with me?", he asked, "Yes, I just did, am leaving this forsaken place first thing tomorrow", she said.

That night, Suzie couldn't believe she just ended her four years old relationship, but she was glad she did.

The next day, they both left the place, and went back to their various houses. Suzie narrated everything to her friend Beatrice. "Am glad you finally left that prison", Beatrice said, "But, I still love him", Suzie cried, "Don't worry, let fate have its way", Beatrice said. 

One month later, Hudson didn't bother looking for Suzie neither did he tries to get her back, he already moved on with his life. While Suzie has finally come to the fact that she, and Hudson weren't meant to be. 

One week later, Suzie went to the supermarket to get some groceries. When she was done, she went to make payment at the cashier when a guy walked up to her, "Hello miss, don't worry, I will foot the bill", the young man said, and Suzie looked at him, "Don't worry, I will take care of it", she replied, "Let me take care of it", the young man said, "Like I earlier said, don't worry, I like to foot my own bill", she said, "Alright, since you are so persistent," he said, "Thank you", she replied, and paid the bill. "Since you refused me paying the bill, can you go out with me, and don't say no", he said, Suzie was silent for a few seconds, "Alright," she said, "Thanks, am Peter, and you?", he asked, "Miss. Suzie", she replied, and they shook hands, "Can I have your contact?", Peter said, "Alright", she replied, and they exchanged contact. 

Later that evening, Peter called Suzie, and they both went out. When the two went out, they had good time together, and soon they began to fall in love with each other. 

Peter, and Suzie started going out, Peter showered Suzie with alot of love, and attention that Suzie began to feel Peter was the right one for her. Their relationship became so strong, but never for once did peter take Suzie to his house, whenever she tried to ask, he always tells her he will take her to his home at the right time. 

One fateful Sunday afternoon, she decided to go visit her long time friend Lola at her husband's house. When she arrived at Lola's new home, she knocked at the gate, and a gate man opened the gate. When she walked in, she saw Peter entering his car with a woman carrying a baby. She felt her eyes was deceiving her, and she wanted to be sure, so she called his name, "Peter", and he turned back to see who just called him, but he was shocked to see Suzie. "Suzie, what are you doing here?", he asked, "You, you, bastard", she screamed out, "Suzie, as you can see, am going out with my wife, and baby", he said, "Peter, so you are already married", Suzie cried out. Peter's wife was just standing in anger, not knowing what to do. Lola was in her flat when she heard voices, "That sounds like Suzie's voice", Lola said as she went out. Lola was surprised to see Suzie crying, "What happened, why are you crying?", Lola asked, "Peter, you", Suzie said pointing at Peter, "Mr. Peter, what happened?", Lola asked, "Nothing, she just saw me and started screaming my name, saying so, you are married", Peter said, "Suzie why?", Lola asked, "This bastard never told me he was married, and I have been going out with him", Suzie said, and Peter's wife became angry, and went back inside. "Suzie, let's go and talk about it inside", Lola said, and took Suzie away. When they got inside, Suzie narrated everything that happened to Lola, "Mr Peter, and his wife moved in three months ago, Am so sorry my friend", Lola said, "It was all my fault, I shouldn't have trusted him", Suzie said. Suzie became devastated, at that moment, She made up her mind never to take any man serious, or even go into a relationship. 

 Four months later, Suzie was still single, she never cared to date any guy, not until she meet Spencer. Suzie was flying when she met Spencer in the plane. At first, she didn't want to talk to him, she felt it was a waste of time but Spencer had already fallen in love with her. Spencer was able to get her contact number, and they started going out. Suzie felt she should just have fun with Spencer at the mean time, she wasn't even dedicated to the relationship. 

Three months later, Spencer was already over heels for Suzie that he thought of making her is wife. While Suzie was gradually fallen for Spencer too, and somehow, she was getting, dedicated to the relationship unknownly. One fateful evening, Suzie had just gone home from work, when she got a call from her colleague at work that the boss has called for an urgent meeting, and he wants all flight attendant to be return to the airport immediately, "This evening, why not tomorrow", Suzie said, "I don't know, but you better come if you still want to retain your job", her colleagues said, and then ended the call. 

One hour later, Suzie arrived back at the airport, she walked down to her boss office, but he was not there, then she went to the meeting room, but no one was there, she tried calling her colleague, but her line was not reachable. "Where are they?", She asked herself. She was still thinking where to check when the hangar crossed her mind, "the hangar?", she asked herself, so, she decided to go  check the Hangar. When she opened the door, the whole place was full with roses, the next thing she heard was music, "What are they celebrating, and where is everyone?", she asked herself. She was about to call out one of her colleagues when four of her colleagues walked out with a banner each which says, "Will you marry me?". When Suzie saw it, she was surprised, "What!", She said, smiling. Just then, Spencer walked out, and went straight to Suzie, "Babes will you marry me?", he said as he knelt down, "Wow, I didn't see this coming, but we just met 4months ago", she said with tears in her eyes,  "It doesn't matter", he replied, "yes, I will marry you", she said, and Spencer drew her closer, and planted a kiss on her lips, and she was very happy. Suzie was finally engaged to be married, "Oh, how I love the feeling", she said as she took a deep sigh of relief staring at the diamond ring in her finger. 

A month later Spencer, and Suzie finally tied the knot, their wedding was a grand one. How happy Suzie was, she got married at the age of 30.

 Not all long-term relationship leads to marriage, you don't have to date her for years before finding out if she is the right one. Don't be too expectant, You can get disappointed when you expect too much, but alot of good things happen when you lest expect. The End. 

      Written by Esther alex 
Note: A New Story coming out on sale soon. It's a Story you don't want to miss, so, get ready!!!

Thank you all for staying tuned till the end. Love you all😘

Kindly like and follow the facebook page below @Esther alex, and on facebook @Eneada Esther Ogaba.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Story time : The cost episode 3

Story time : In a short time episode 1