Story time : When Love isn't enough episode 1

When Love isn't enough 


When Love isn't enough 
Episode 1
Love is beautiful, and amazing, but sometimes, it seems love isn't enough to make a relationship or marriage work. Indeed, when it comes to marriage, it would seem that love is over-rated. I believe that you need love to decide whom to marry, but after the marriage, you better have more than love or your marriage will not work. Chill as I take, you down the Memory Lane of a Lady called Scarlett. My name is Scarlett, am a lady with a simple, and quiet life, I work in an Art Galleries, I love my job, and never had time for any guy. I didn't want to go into any relationship after the series of heart break I had in the past, I didn't want to stress myself with the issues that come with a relationship. I have few friends, but my good friend was Derek. Derek has been such a good friend to me, he was also bothered about my singleness, I was 27 years old but still single. "Babe, when are you going to get a boyfriend, don't you ever want to get married", he asked, I laughed, "Derek, you have started with this boyfriend, and getting married stuff, but I will when I get someone who truly loves me", I said, "Get someone who truly loves you, how will you get or know someone who truly loves you when you don't want to give any guy a chance", he said, "Did you just say any guy, I gave you a chance in my life, that's why you are my friend", I replied with a laugh, "Stop being silly, I meant get a guy to love you", he said. I was getting tired of the discussion, so I had to end it. "Alright, I will get one sooner than you know" I replied with a smile, "Good, that's why I want you to follow me to a party tomorrow night, who knows you might meet your Mr. Right", he said, "Party, there is no way I will go to that party", I replied, "Thank you, I will come pick you up at 8pm, so get ready, I have to go now", he said as he stood up to leave, "I didn't even say yes, how about your girlfriend, hope she will come too?", I asked, but Derek ignored me, and left. 

As if the whole earth were hearing my discussion with Derek, and the unexpected happened. 

The next day, I went to work at Art Galleries. I was busy with some paperwork when a very charming handsome man walked in.  "Excuse me miss.", he said, "Welcome Sir", I replied, "Don't call me Sir, am mist. Williams", he said, "Okay, Sir, sorry, I mean mist. Williams", I replied, "Good, I need a very beautiful, and touching art", he said, I let out a confusing smile, "Beautiful, and touching?", I asked, "Yes", he replied. I looked for over twenty minutes before I finally got one for him. "Wow, this is lovely", he said, "Thank you", I replied. I told him the bill, he paid, and left. 

Later that evening, At exactly 8pm, Derek, and his girlfriend came to my house, so we can go to the party together. I wore a simple blouse with Blue Jeans trouser. 

Soon we arrived at the party, the whole place where cover with a lot of people. "I have to leave you now, so people won't think I have two girls", he said, and walked away with his girlfriend, and I was left alone. "Wow, this dude must be rich", I muttered to myself as I walked around the place. As I walked around the place, I saw a guy who looks exactly like Williams, "Is this not mist. Williams", I asked myself. I was staring at him, I guess he felt it. Just then, he looked at me, and both our eyes meet, I stylishly looked away.  I was about leaving when he called me, "Hello, the lady from the Art galleries", I could hear him say, I turned, and smiled at him, "Mist. Williams", I said, "Hey, you, what are you doing here?", he asked. "Really, what does it seem like they are doing here", I muttered to myself. "Me?", I asked, "Yes, or your boyfriend brought you here?", he asked, "No, my friend", I replied. "Are you the one who threw this party?", I asked, "No, my friend did", he replied, "That's good", I said, "Okay, thank you for choosing that beautiful art for me", he said, "You are welcome", I replied, and then turned to leave, but he called me back. "What's your name?", he asked, "Scarlett", I replied, "Can I have your contact, so we can hang out and talk more", he said, "Alright", I replied, and was giving him my number when Derek came to meet me. "Take your time", Derek said, and Williams looked at him,"Thank you", Williams said, and walked away. 

Immediately Williams left, Derek let out a deep sigh of relief with a smile, "Am glad you finally meet someone", he said, and i looked at him, "He is a customer at the Art galleries", I said, "We all meet people in different places", he said, we all laughed, and walked away. 

When I got home, I took my bath, and was about to sleep when Williams's call came in. I took a deep sigh as I picked his call, "Hello mist. Williams", I greeted, "Call me Williams, but hope you got home safe?", he asked, "Yes", I replied. We talked for long time before he finally ended the call. 

The next day, I was at work when a meal from a restaurant was delivered to me, I didn't place order, so, I was shocked when I saw the meal, I checked, and saw a piece of paper on it which says, "Enjoy your meal, from Williams", I smiled, "This guy is so romantic", I said to myself.  

Later that evening, I was at home, when Williams called me that he wanted to see me, I went, and we talked about alot of things, I was beginning to fall in love with him, "He is really interesting, and I love him for that", I thought to myself. "So, why do you choose to work at the Art Galleries?", he said, "I just love it, am a photographer and am planning to open my own gallery soon", I replied, "Wow that's a brilliant idea", he said, and I let out a smile. "Can I invite you to my house?", he said, "Your house?", I asked, "yes, are you scared?", he asked, "Send me the address", I said. When we were done, we left. Williams and I had started going out, but he haven't asked me out yet.

I told Derek everything, and he smiled, "Am glad you have finally fallen in love" he said, "Yes, I am too", I replied, "Next will be marriage", he said laughing, "So quick", I replied, and we both laughed. 

One week later, Williams sent me his home address, I went there, his home was beautiful, and well arranged. I saw the art he bought been placed on the wall. "Your place is beautiful", I complimented, "Thank you", he replied. He offered me a glass of wine, and we started talking. We were still talking when Suddenly, he reached for my hands, and started caressing it. I was already in love with him, so the moment he started caressing me, my body yearn for his. He drew his lips closer, and we kissed affectionately, We ended up having a good sex. When we were done, he took a deep breath, and looked at me, "Scarlett, will you be my girlfriend?", he asked. Oh, what I have been waiting for. "Yes, I will", I replied with excitement..........

   Written by Esther alex 

See you all tomorrow at 6pm😘
Stay tuned for next episode 

Kindly like and follow the facebook page below @Esther alex, and on facebook @Eneada Esther Ogaba. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Story time : The cost episode 3

Story time : In a short time episode 1