Story time : When love isn't enough last episode 7

When love isn't enough 

When Love Isn't Enough 
Last Episode 7
The right decision, is always hard to take. As much as you love them, and as much as you think they may love you, if they can meet your needs, and don’t want to meet them, then you are wasting your time, happiness, and wasting precious moments of your life. Where you don't fit in, you can never fit in no matter how hard you try. When the thought of Divorce came to my head, I knew it was the best thing to do. I had no intentions of telling Derek, because I knew he was going to talk me out of it. "Hope am not too fast," I muttered to myself. 

The next day, I wanted to discuss with Williams my plans to file for a divorce, so I waited for him to return home from work. 

Later in the evening, when Williams got back from work, we were having dinner, and the atmosphere were quiet, I took a deep sigh, then he looked at me, "That sigh is too deep", he said, that was my best chance to talk to him, "Babes, we've only been married for two years, yet we have never had a good time as a family", I said, "Scarlett, what do you want?", he asked, I chuckled, "Scarlett, Scarlett, no more baby, that sounds good", I said, "Can't I just have a good meal, am so exhausted from work" he said, and he became angry and left. I wanted to let him know about my decision to file for a divorce, but he wasn't ready to listen to me. 

The next day, immediately Williams left for work, I dressed Bella, and left for the bank. I needed to withdraw some money I had in my account since I was going to file for a divorce. I arrived at the bank, I withdrew the money, and went to a divorce court. I arrived at the divorce court, I explained everything to a lawyer, he looked at me, "We have alot of similar cases as yours, don't worry, I will prepare you a divorce paper, once you get your husband to sign it, you are free", he said, "How about our child?", I asked, he let out a smile, "The child will be in your custody unless you don't want to, then we can give the child to your husband", he said, and tears dropped off my eyes as I looked at my little Bella who was sleeping in my arm, "Thank you," I said, "Do you want us to send the papers to him or you will give it to him yourself?", he asked, "I would prefer to give it to him myself", I replied, "Alright then come in two weeks time", he said, "Thank you sir", I said, and left. 

When I got home, I broke down in tears, as I stared at my little Bella, "I love you baby, but I just have to do this, and when you come of age, you will fully understand by I had to leave your Dad", I said to my innocent Bella who couldn't understand me, but all she did was to smile at me. I was still crying when my phone began to ring, I checked and saw it was Derek calling, I couldn't pick up because I knew he would figure out that something was wrong, I just watched the phone as it rang, and stopped. "I will tell him when everything is done", I said to myself. 

Two weeks later, I went to the divorce court, I saw the lawyer, and he handed me the papers, and I left. 

Later that night, we had just finished eating, and Williams sat at the sitting room watching movie with Bella who was sleeping on the cushion. I went inside our room, and brought out the divorce papers, and went to the sitting room. "Williams, I want us to talk", I said, "Okay", he said, and I brought out the divorce papers, and gave it to him, "I filed for a divorce", I said, he was shocked, "Divorce?", he asked, "Yes, I can't continue been trapped in this marriage", I said, "Scarlett, you can't, I love you, you just didn't understand me", he said, "Yes, you are right, I didn't understand you because I cant, Our love isn't enough to make this marriage work, we are two worlds apart, we need more than love for this to work", I said, "Okay, what about our daughter, Bella?", he said, "I will take custody of her, it on the divorce papers, read through it, and sign it, I really need it", I said as I carried Bella who was still sleeping to the bedroom. 

The next day, Williams didn't talk to me, he refused eating the breakfast I prepared, and I wasn't bothered. I needed a place to stay after my divorce get signed, so I started looking for a house on rent. God so kind, I got one in another neighbourhood. 

Two weeks later, I had just finished bathing Bella, and was dressing her when Williams walked in with the envelope. "I prayed he already signed it", I muttered to myself. Williams cleared his throat, "Scarlett, I believe it's for the best, I will do as said in the papers, I will look for an apartment for you, here is the papers, I already signed it", he said, I let out a sigh of relief, "I already found an apartment, and will be moving in anytime soon", I said, "Okay, I will send you some money for the rent," he said, and tears of joy fell off my eyes, "Thank you ", I said, "I hope we both find our perfect match", he said, and gave me a hug, kissed my forehead, and also kissed Bella. 

One week later, I, and Bella moved out of Williams's home, and went to our new house, it was a great feeling to finally be free from that prison. 

The next day was Sunday, so I decided to go visit Derek, I didn't want to call him,  I wanted to give him a surprise. At noon, I left home with Bella, and went to visit Derek. When I arrived at his house, he was surprised to see me. "Mrs. Williams Scarlett, it's been awhile, and you've not been taking any of my calls", he said, as he carried Bella from my arm, "Am sorry, I have been very busy, that's why am here to explain everything to you", I said, "How is Williams?", Derek asked, I smiled faintly, "Williams and I are no longer together, we are divorced", I said as tears fell off my eyes, "What! since when?", Derek asked, "Three weeks ago, I did what I had to do, I could no longer take it, that marriage was frustrating, and sucking out my happiness, and life, I just had to, we weren't married for long, we truly aren't compatible, that's not the way I want my marriage life to look like", I said, as I cried, "So you had been going through all this, and you didn't bother to tell me before now", he said, "Am so sorry", I said, "It's alright, You did the right thing, So you took custody of Bella?" Derek asked, "Yes, the court gave her to me", I said, "So where do you stay now?", he asked, "The next neighbourhood, I can take you there later", I said, "Alright, so, what next?", he asked, "Am planning on resuming work next week, I will mail my boss later, and also look for a Daycare center for Bella, she is all have got", I said, "That's good", he said. 

Later that day, I mailed my boss I would be resuming work next week, "Hope you have finished handling everything?", he asked, "Yes, thank you sir", I said, and narrated everything to him, "Am so sorry, but am glad you left", he said, "Thank you sir", I replied, "Hope you, and Bella are coping really well?", he asked, "yes, thank you sir", I said, "Okay", he replied. 

The next week finally arrived, I have already gotten a good Daycare center for Bella. I took her to the Daycare center, and went to work. My boss was so happy to see me resume work. 

One week after my resumption, my boss called me to his office, "Miss Scarlett, my offer is still open, I know you are a single mom, but our new branch will be opening next week, so, I don't know if you will be able to take the position as manager", he was still talking when I interrupted, "Yes, yes, I will", I quickly replied with a smile all over my face, "Alright, congratulations", he said as he gave me a hand shake, "Thank you sir", I said. I was so happy, Thank you God for this favour and opportunity, I said. 

One week later, I resumed at our new branch as the manager, I was so happy, I had a job, and my wonderful, and beautiful little Bella, so, I didn't have to worry about anything. My life was already complete, with my daughter, and a friend like Derek. 

Relationship needs more than love to survive, love isn't enough to make everything work in a relationship or marriage, you need to sacrifice, compromise, understanding, communication, and compatibility, to make it work.

So, whether you are in a relationship that you are unsure of right now or if you are just venturing into the dating world, ask yourself these few things before you settling down.
Is your partner an asset or a hindrance? Do they support you or suck the life out of you? Do they want you to reach your goals and your dreams, or do they put you down and make you feel like you can’t or won’t accomplish anything?

Days should not be filled with anger, fights, conflict, or division. If your days are not happy the majority of the time, then ask yourself why. Why are you unhappy and still in there? Fix your side  and see if anything changes. If not, you may need to rethink why you are with them.

There are many amazing, and kind people out there, but that doesn’t make them right for you. Just because you love them doesn’t grantee you will be happy with them.
Don’t waste years on someone because “you love them.” Every day is a choice. Choose your own happiness. The End. 

Written by Esther alex 
Note: Get ready for my new package that will be coming out on sale soon. You don't want to miss this story.

Thank you all for staying tuned till the end. Love you all 😘

If you are just joining us, to see previous episodes kindly like and follow the facebook page below @Esther alex, and on facebook @Eneada Esther Ogaba. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Story time : The cost episode 3

Story time : In a short time episode 4

Story time : The cost episode 2