Story time : The Cost Episode 1

The cost
The Cost 
Episode 1
Cost require to lose, suffer, or sacrifice. Because for everything you win, there's something lost. Let's go down the Memory Lane of two young lovebirds Reuben, and the extremely beautiful Vanessa. Vanessa got pregnant for her boyfriend Reuben, but everything changed the moment she became a Model, and it almost cost her everything. While Reuben found out things aren't always the way it seems, that he fell in love with the wrong lady. Reuben is a photographer, a very successful photographer, he has his own studio, called "RB Photography Studio". RB studio is a very popular one around the neighbourhood. He is in his early thirties, and still single. Reuben has always prayed to God to give him a lady who is beautiful both inside and outside. 

One early morning, Reuben had just arrived at his studio, he was expecting a client. "When Mist. Kelvin comes, send him to my office", Reuben said to his secretary, "OKay sir", she replied, and he let out a smile and went to his office. 

Immediately Reuben went to his office, a young beautiful lady walked into the studio, she was extremely beautiful, that the light at the studio shined on her hair, and her face was shinning so bright. Few of the workers who were there when she walked in couldn't stop staring at her. "Hello", the young lady greeted, "Welcome to RB studio", the secretary said. "Okay, can I see your boss?", the lady said, "MA. If you want to take a shot, we have fine workers here to carry out the shot", the secretary said, "Call me Miss. and I will like to see your boss", the lady insisted, "Okay Miss. this way", the secretary said, as she led the way to Reuben's office. 

When they got to Reuben's office, "Miss, this is his office, you can knock, and go in", the secretary said, "Thank you", the lady replied. Reuben was in his office when he heard a knock at the door, "Come in", he said, and the lady opened the door and walked in,"Hello sir", she said smiling. Reuben was already carried away by her beauty, and he lost focus, he couldn't take his eyes off her, he just stared at her. She cleared her throat, "Hellooo", she said again before Reuben regained focus. "Sorry, where is Mist. Kelvin", he said confusedly, "What?", she asked, "Sorry, forgive my manners, have a seat", he said, and she sat down. "Are you Mist. Kelvin' fiancee, where is he?", he asked, and she became more confused. "I don't know any Mist. Kelvin, and am no one's fiancee", she replied with a calm smile. "Oh! sorry", he apologized, "It's OK," she replied. Reuben took a deep sigh, "Okay, How may we help you?", he asked, "Am Vanessa, but you can call me Nessa for short, I need some real cool shot", she replied, "I must confess Nessa, you really look beautiful", he complimented, "Thanks", she said smiling. "Am Reuben, the owner and founder of RB studio, and I promise, we will give you the best", he said, "Okay, but it will be more like a contract for three months", Vanessa replied, "Wow..... that's good, but what do you need the shots for?", he asked, "Mmmm, I really want to be a model, so, I always take some pictures, and post them in my website, and also I want to apply for a modeling audition coming up in three months time, so, I will be coming here once in every week to take some shot for the next three months", she said, "Wow... that's a good one, you are so beautiful, and am sure you will win in that audition after I take you those cool pictures", Reuben said. 

Reuben became speechless, not knowing what to say next because his mind, and thought was on Vanessa, before he knew it, the butterfly in his stomach began to dance, and his heart began to beat faster. "Am Inlove with his lady", he muttered to himself as he stared at her. While Vanessa was waiting for him to ask her the day she will be coming for the shot, and how much would be her bill, but, it wasn't forthcoming, so she decided to say something. "How much would be my bill, and when am I coming for the shot", she said, "Oh! yes, whenever you are ready, we are also ready", he said, "Okay, next week Tuesday, and how much will be my bill?", Vanessa asked, "Don't worry, after the three months contract, I will send you your bill", he said, "Okay, thank you," she said as she stood up, "Thank you, see you next week tuesday, Nessa", he said as he gave her his hand to shake, "Okay, thank you, Reuben", she said, and left. 

When Vanessa left, Reuben couldn't get her off his mind, "She is so beautiful, and I can tell her heart is also pretty, God, is she the one?", he thought to himself. 

Later that evening, Reuben went out with his friend Harry, he was so excited to tell Harry about Vanessa. When they both arrived at the bar, Reuben couldn't stop smiling that it became obvious in this face that something good has happened. "Guy, I have noticed since we arrived here, you have been smiling, whatsapp, did your game enter?", Harry asked, "Mad man, do you think am like you that plays bet? Guy, I will never play bet", Reuben replied, "Okay, I forget sai you na big man na, you no be like us wia still dey say yes sir, so, tell me, why are you happy?", Harry asked, "My guy, there is this lady that came to my studio today, that lady is over beautiful, you know at some point, I lost focus while staring at her", he said, "Hmmm, so what is her name, and where does she lives?", Harry asked. Reuben became speechless, "You see your life," Harry said, and Reuben looked at him, "errr...her name is Vanessa, but Nessa for short, I don't know where she stays, and you don't expect me to ask my customers where they stays, but don't worry, I will bring her picture next week", Reuben said, "Okay oh," Harry replied.

One week later, Vanessa went to take the shot at RB studio, Reuben didn't allow any of his workers to take the shot for Vanessa, he did it himself. All the shot Vanessa took was so beautiful. "You are photogenic I must confess", Reuben said, "Thank you, I just pray I get to pass the auditions", she replied, "Don't worry, you are beautiful, and this photo will be more beautiful when I do my job on it", He said, and they both smiled. While Reuben continued staring at her, and it was making Vanessa uncomfortable, so she cleared her throat to gain his attention, "Sorry, do you stay around here, because I have never seen your pretty face around this neighborhood", he said, "No, I used to school oversea, I just moved in here last month, I stays few blocks away", she replied, "Okay, see you next week tuesday again", he said, and Vanessa waved at him, and left. 

Reuben sent few of Vanessa photos to his cellphone, he wanted to show it to Harry. 

Later that evening, Reuben, and Harry met up at their usual bar, and immediately Reuben sat down, he brought out his cellphone, "Look at the beautiful Vanessa", Reuben said as he showed Harry Vanessa's photo, "Gosh, I know this lady", Harry said as he stared at the photo, and Reuben became surprised, "Really?", Reuben asked.........

  Written by Esther alex 

See you all tomorrow at 6pm😘
Stay tuned for next episode 

kindly like and follow the facebook page below @Esther alex and on facebook @Eneada Esther Ogaba. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Story time : The cost episode 3

Story time : In a short time episode 4

Story time : The cost episode 2