Story time : my best decision episode 3

My Best decision 


My Best Decision 
Episode 3
 Shame is said to be a painful emotion resulting from an awareness of inadequacy or guilt, it's also brings dishonor. Lawrence couldn't believe it. "How did you get this picture, Who sent this to you?", he said, but I was quiet not knowing what to say. "Who sent this to you?", he asked again, "Didn't you tell me you left her already?", I said. I wasn't angry that he didn't change, I was angry because someone already knew about it, my reputation is at stake, he was supposed to keep it a secret. Yes, I know Isabel was the one who saw him, what if another person also saw him. "Don't you have any shame? Now Isabel knows my husband is a cheat, Did you really travelled?", I asked, Lawrence began to shiver. "Baby, this might be photoshopped," he said, trying to deny it, "Is it because am not yet pregnant?" I said as I cried, "No, No, Not that" he said, "Lawrence someone knows already, fine since you have decided to continue cheating, and not to change, why didn't you do it secretly, why didn't you hide it, I told you before, no one has to see you with another lady," I said, and left the dinning. 

That night I couldn't get any sleep, I was lost in thought. "What am I going to do, am fed up, but I can't leave this marriage, not now that my career is going well, it will affect my kind of job when people find out my marriage clashed, and I divorced my husband, now that Isabel knows what next?" I thought to myself. 

The next day, I went to work, I counselled alot of couple on making their marriage work, I counselled others on cheating, and how to deal with a cheating man. As I counsel them, my marriage ran through my mind, I acted like my marriage was working, my husband was faithful, and all was well, while deep down I knew all was not well. 

Later that day, I heard a knock at my office, "Come in", I said, and Isabel came in. Isabel quickly gave me a hug, "Am so sorry, I know it must be devastating", she said as she sat down, I let out a smile. "Am glad you now know about it," she said to me, and I didn't utter a word, I just nodded my head. Isabel became confused, "I was expecting you to be crying, but you are not, wait! Don't tell me you knew about it", She said to me, " Yes, I know, but what was I supposed to do, I talked to him couple of times about it, but he refused to change", I said, "So, you knew about it all these while, and you didn't say anything about it, You better do something about it, look for that lady, and confront her", she said, "Isabel, My husband is the problem not the lady, you know am a counselor, it will affect my job, so please don't tell anyone", I said, "I never liked him from the start, Lawrence is a big cheat, liar, and a fool", She was still talking when I stopped her, "Isabel, he is still my husband, don't insult him, please don't say anything to anyone", I pleaded, "Okay, lest I forget, Liam is throwing a party next weekend for the successful opening of his new company, so, I want you to be there", she said. When I heard the name Liam, my heart beats, and skipped at the same time. "Okay but is he married? You know it's been long I heard from him since after my wedding", I said, "Yes, so, you don't have to worry", she said.

That night, when I arrived home, Lawrence was already home, in fact, he had prepared us dinner. "Welcome love", he said, but I ignored his greetings. "Love, I already prepared us dinner, let's eat, so we can talk", he said to me, I took a deep breath, "Okay, let me go change first", I said and went upstairs. 

A few minutes later, I arrived downstairs, and he led me to the dinning, and served me my meal. We started eating, when he said to me, "Am sorry all this had to happen to us, am sorry for taking our marriage for granted", he said, but I ignored him, and continued eating. "Please, am sorry, talk to me", he said. I turned, and looked at him, "Deal with this, I don't want it to affect my career", I said, "OK, thank you, I will", he said, and continued eating. 

That night, when we finished eating, and went to bed, I couldn't sleep. "I can't let him destroy my hardwork, he should deal with this problem, because I can't leave this marriage, am already married", I said to myself. 

The next morning, I refused talking to Lawrence, because I was still angry with him, he tried having a conversation with me but I ignored him.

One week later, It was the day for Liam's party, I was confused if I should go or not, I was still sitting on my matrimonial bed thinking when my phone began to ring, I checked, and saw it was Isabel. "Hello Isabel", I said, "Hello, Should I come pick you up, or I should send you the address?", Isabel asked, "huh.....just send me the address", I said, and ended the call. Isabel sent me the address, when I saw it, I took a deep sigh, went to take a bath, I quickly dressed up, and went downstairs. When I got to the sitting room, I saw Lawrence watching movie, I just ignored him, and walked towards the door when I heard him say to me, "Where are you going to?", I will be back at 9:o'clock, I said, and walked outside. 

Soon I arrived at the venue, the whole place where cover with a lot of people. "Welcome Olivia", Isabel said, and I smiled at her, "Go take a sit, I will be right back", Isabel said, "Okay", I said. I was walking towards a table, to take a sit, when Liam walked up to me, "Hey, look who is here, the Maryland couple", he said, and I smiled at him, "It's been awhile, sorry I didn't keep in touch", he said, "It's okay, where have you been?", I asked, "I have not been around," he said, "Congratulations for your success", I said, "Thank you", he replied, "Okay", I said. "Where is Lawrence, oh! He must have gone to get you a drink, I know he won't let you come here alone", he said, "No, I came here alone, Lawrence is busy", I lied, "So, he is home with the kids", he said, "No, there are no kids yet", I replied, "Oh sorry", he apologized, "Okay", I said, "I know you both must be swimming in each others love, and I heard you are now a counselor?", he asked, "Yes, am a counselor", I said, "That's good, you need to teach others how to have that kind of your love, and marriage life", he said, I chuckled, "Okay, how is your", I was about to say wife, when a young fair pretty lady, called him, "Liam, Liam, Over here", she said, "I will be right back", he said, and left me. "That must be his wife" I thought to myself as I stood to go look for Isabel when two young ladies walked up to me. "Miss Olivia", one of the ladies said, "Yes, it's the Maryland couple", the second said, I was a bit confused, "Do I know you ladies?", I asked, "We are your juniors at the Maryland University," the first one said again, "Yes, and I really like the way you, and your Mist. Lawrence displayed your love then, and how it led you both to marriage," the second said, "Yes, I would like you to counsel me on having a happy relationship like yours", the first said, "Wow, that's good," I said as I gave them my complimentary card. 

When the two ladies left, I was happy, and sad at the same time. Yes, my career was moving forward, but my marriage, "I can't let Lawrence spoil everything I have worked for, I can't be single again" I said to myself. 

When it was 9.o'clock, I left Liam's party, and went home. When I arrived home, Lawrence was already asleep, I changed, and went to bed also. 

The next morning, I went to work. I was at my office when I heard a knock, "Come in", I said. A dark skin lady walked in, "Have a sit", I said, "Thank you, Mrs. Olivia Lawrence", the lady said, "Thank you how may I help you?", I said as I raised my head up from what I was writing. Immediately I saw her face, my head had a flashback to the lady I saw with my husband. She let out a smile, "Am Jenny", the lady said...................

  Written by Esther alex 
Note: A New story is coming out on sale soon. Get Ready!!!!!!!!!!

See you all tomorrow at 6pm😘
Stay tuned for next episode. 

If you are just us, to see previous episodes kindly like and follow the facebook page below @Esther alex, and on facebook @Eneada Esther Ogaba. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Story time : The cost episode 3

Story time : In a short time episode 1