Story time : My best decision episode 4

My best decision 


My Best Decision 
Episode 4
Marriage is supposed to be enjoyed, and not to be managed. I was very angry when she mentioned her name. "You! what are you doing here?", I asked, Jenny let out a smile of mockery, and sat down, I wanted to give her a slap, and teach her a good lesson, but I withheld my anger, so as to hear what the lady has to say. ", Am here for a counseling, I need your help, my boyfriend who is a married man has refused picking any of my calls, and am worried", Jenny said as she laughed, "I guess you already know who this guy is, Lawrence", she said, and I was just sulking inside me. "So please, can you talk to him on my behalf?", She said to me. "This lady got some nerves", I said to myself. I couldn't hold it anymore, I stood up and asked her to leave, "Get out of my office", I shouted, "Take it easy", she said, I became angry the more, stood up, and went to open the door for her. Immediately I opened the door, Isabel walked in. "Hello, Olivia, why are you shouting? ", she said to me as she turned, and saw Jenny. "Who is this lady?", Isabel asked, just then, her memory flashed back to the lady she saw with Lawrence. "Oh, oh, No way, Is the lady from that photo, what is this bitch doing here?", Isabel said, "So, you have the gut to show your face here, you have no shame", Isabel said, and the next thing, Isabel slapped Jenny on her left cheek. "Leave now", I said to Jenny who held her left cheek, "You will....You will surely pay for this", Jenny said, and she shamefully left my office.
 Was she going to report me to my own husband?

Immediately she left, I broke down in tears. "Am so sorry Olivia", Isabel said to me, "What have I done wrong, look what Lawrence has caused me," I said bitterly, "It's okay, she has the nerves to show her face here, she is lucky the only thing I did to her was that slap", Isabel said, I took a deep breath as tears fell off my eyes. "What did she say to you?", Isabel asked, "Lawrence hasn't been calling her, or taking her calls, and she wants me to talk to him on her behalf", I said Isabel became furious, "What.... This is the height of it, You need to leave that marriage, file for a divorce", Isabel said, "No, I can't, I have been married to this man, I can't just leave, what will happen if people find out I don't have a good home, and marriage like I always counsel, No, I can't", I said, "You just have to, you can't let Lawrence continue to do this to you, you are better than all this pain", Isabel said, "You are not married like I am, so, you will never understand what is like to be happily married, then all of a sudden, you are a divorcee", I said. Isabel became pain, "You know what, do whatever you like, stick to that unfaithful marriage of yours, I don't care anymore", she said, and left my office. I tried calling her back, but she ignored me, and left. 

When Isabel left, I was sad, but there was nothing I could do, if only she understands me.

That night, I went home, I didn't tell Lawrence that Jenny came to my office. "Hello honey", he said, but I ignored him, and went upstairs. I took a shower, and went to bed. 

The moment I closed my eyes, I could hear Isabel's words ringing in my ears. "I shouldn't have talked to her like that, but I just have to stay, and manage this marriage, I can't let people know things are not fine in my marriage", I thought to myself."
"Not that Isabel's advice was a bad one, but I was scared of been single, I can't just be alone again, I just have to manage this marriage, no matter what", I muttered to myself as tears fell off my eyes. 

The next day, I tired calling Isabel, but he refused answering, "She must still be angry with me", I said to myself. 

Later that evening, I was driving home from work when my phone began to ring, I checked, and saw it was an unknown number, "Who might this be? Is it Jenny? ", I asked myself as I stared at the phone still ring. It rang, it till stopped.  A few seconds later, the phone began to ring again, I checked, and saw it was the same number, so, I decided to pick. "Hello, who am I unto?", I said to the unknown caller, "Hey Olivia, it's me, Liam", the caller said, and my heart skipped.....................

   Written by Esther alex 
Note: A New Story coming out on sale soon, so get ready!!!!!!!

See you all tomorrow at 6pm😘
Stay tuned for next episode.

If you are just joining us, to see previous episodes kindly like and follow the facebook page below @Esther alex, and on facebook @Eneada Esther Ogaba. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Story time : The cost episode 3

Story time : In a short time episode 1