Story time : My best decision last episode 6

My Best decision 


My Best Decision 
Last Episode 6
There are some decisions that one take in life, and it finally turns out to be the best decision ever. Lawrence was surprised, "Why are you filing for divorce?", he said to me, "Lawrence, this marriage is no longer working," I said, "Please you can't just leave", he said, "And why can't I leave?", I asked, "People, what will they say when they find out, my colleagues, what will they think of me when they find out, what will happen to your career," he said, I chuckled, "So all you would think of is just what others would say, Didn't you think of all that before you cheated on me, and our marriage with Jenny?", I said, "I already apologized to you", he said, "Lawrence yes, you apologized, I gave you chances to change, but you refused, am tired of this marriage, I don't care about what people say, or what happens after you signed those papers", I said, and left the dinning. 

The next day, I was at my office when I heard a knock at my. "Come in", I said, and Isabel walked in. I was so surprised, and happy at the same time. I quickly stood up "Isabel You came?", I said, "Yes, I can't abandon you", she replied, "Uhn, Isabel, am sorry", I said, "Am also sorry for ignoring all your calls", Isabel said, as she gave me a hug. "Isabel am really sorry, I shouldn't have said those things to you", I said, "It's okay, so how have you been?", she asked, I took a deep sigh, "Am fine, I filed for divorce", I said as tears fell off my eyes, "it's okay, am so sorry", she said to me, "Hope I did the right thing?", I asked, "Yes, you did", she said, "I just hope I made the right decision?", I asked again because I wanted to be sure. "Olivia do you know Lawrence, and Jenny had be going out since you both got married?", Isabel asked, "What! No", I said, "You see why I said you made the right decision by filing for divorce", she said, "Lawrence, How did you find out?", I asked, "I found out just last week", she said, "He hasn't sign the papers yet, Hmm Lawrence I hate you", I said, when I heard what Isabel told me, my anger for Lawrence grew more. "Am glad, you finally took that decision," Isabel said. "Am sorry I gave Liam your contact without informing you", "It's alright, he called, and we talked, but these past days, I have refused picking his calls”, I said, "Why, Liam still loves you", Isabel said, "Am not interested, and please, don't tell him anything about me or even show him my office", I pleaded, "Alright", she said. 

That evening when I got home, I saw the divorce papers still on the table, Lawrence hasn't signed it yet, I passed, and went upstairs.

That night, at 11pm, Lawrence returned home, we didn't talk to each other, we just went to bed. 

The next morning, we both woke up, greeted each other, and took our bath. Lawrence was dressing up when I asked him why he hasn't signed the papers, but he ignored me, I smiled "It's for the better", I said, and left him. 

It took Lawrence two weeks to finally decide in signing the divorce papers. That evening, I was sitting in the living room watching movie when Lawrence walked in through the door, and said to me, "Olivia, Are you sure this is what you want?", Lawrence asked, "Yes", I replied, and he signed the papers. "You are now free", he said as he handed over the papers to me. "I was finally free", I said to myself. 

One week later, Lawrence, and I finally separated, I parked out of his house to my new rented apartment. Isabel stood by me all through that time. 

One week after my divorce, I went on a vacation, because I needed to relax more, get over Lawrence, and regain myself. 

Six months later, I had returned back, and I resumed work. That fate day I resumed work, I was at my office when I heard a knock at the door, "Come in", I said, and Liam walked in. I was shocked, "Hey Liam", I said, "Olivia, your office is nice", he complimented, I let out a gentle smile, "Thank you, but how did you find my office", I asked, "Isabel told me, it's been awhile, where have you been?", he said, "Isabel, that lady, I've been good", I replied, "How is Lawrence?" he asked, I took a deep sigh, and let out a smile, "Lawrence and I are no longer together, we divorced Six months ago", I said, "Am sorry about that", he said, "So why are you here?", I asked, "Just wanted to see you, you suddenly stop taking my calls, I practically begged Isabel before she finally gave me your office address", he said. We talked for a while, before he finally left. 

One week later, On a Saturday evening, Liam called, and invited me for dinner, I accepted, and we talked about a lot of things, when we were done, we left. 

One day, I was at home when Isabel came to visit me. We talked on alot of things until she finally said to me,  "Olivia, I think Liam still likes you", she said, I laughed so hard, "Isabel who told you?", I asked, "Am serious, when you travelled, and even told me not to tell him anything, he was so persistent until I gave him your office address", she said, "I just came out from one marriage, let me have some space, let me enjoy been a divorcee, and also a single lady", I said. I never knew God has his plan for me. 

Five months later, Liam, and I became closed friends, we became so close that I began to develop feelings for him, but I didn't mention it to him. 

One day, I was at home when Liam, and Isabel came to visit me. "Why are you both here?", I asked, "To see you", Isabel replied. "Olivia, how are you?", Liam asked, "Am good", I replied, "Okay, Olivia I have something to say to you", he said, "Me, what?", I asked, "Marry me," I could hear him say, and I was shocked. "Liam, I just came out of a marriage, and I don't think am ready to go into another", I replied, "Your failed marriage was as a result of fate, I have always loved you", he said, "Liam, we are not even dating," I said, "I have known you for long, so please marry me", he said. Isabel was standing, and nodding her head for me to say yes. I smiled, said yes, and he slipped the ring into my finger, and I was happy. 

One month later, Liam, and I decided to have a court wedding. We had our wedding at the civil office, Few families, and friends were invited. I was very happy I was married again. 

Few weeks after my marriage with Liam, I got pregnant. I was shocked, how did it happened, I have been with my Ex husband for four years, and I never missed my period, I thought to myself, I was very happy for the good news. 

Nine months later, I gave birth to a baby girl, I was glad, Liam's love was never ceasing, he kept showing it to I, and our daughter. 

One evening, Isabel came to my house, she was so happy when she saw me. "I have always known Liam was the right person for you", she said, and I smiled, "Am serious, look how your life has changed after your divorce with Lawrence", she said, "Yes, things had really changed for good", I replied, "I heard Lawrence, and Jenny got married last month", Isabel said, "Am so happy for him, those two are meant to be together", I said, "Yes, and you did the right thing by leaving that marriage", she said, I smiled, "My divorce with Lawrence was the best decision I have ever made, I thought I was going to regret, but it turns out we both find true happiness at the place where we truly belong", I said. Liam, our daughter, and I lived happily with a lot of love. 

Most times in our lives, Some decisions we take can always turn out to be the best. Never stay in a bad relationship or marriage because of the fear of been single, it's better to be single, and happy, than to be married, and unhappy. Been single is never a crime.

 You don't have to care about what people will ever say when taking a bold step in your life. Most Importantly, always go for the one who truly loves you because they will never treat you bad, or hurts you. The End. 

       Written by Esther alex 
Thank you all for staying tuned till the end. Love you all 😘

Note:A New story comes out on sale next week, so get ready!!?? 

If you are just joining us, kindly like and follow the facebook page below to see previous episodes @Esther alex and on facebook @Eneada Esther Ogaba. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Story time : The cost episode 3

Story time : In a short time episode 1